Sunday, November 11, 2012

MOTIVATED FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS!


I have a new focus for the next four year!

In 2008, I voted for a man because his views aligned with mine. He had a view of government that meant compromise in the best interest of the people. He wanted a country that would allow you the freedom to believe what you wanted and still be allowed to survive.

The United States has always been seen as a country that promotes “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness” however it has never offered those things to people without a cost. First let me say that I love this country and am proud to be an American. At the same time We as Americans are arrogant and self-absorbed. 

In 2008, I voted for a man who wanted to promote the greatness of the American people while showing the kindness and strength of the American people.

On Election Night 2008, I sat on the edge of my couch like the rest of the world. Yes the world was watching to see the outcome of this election. John McCain conceded and Barack H. Obama was elected the 44th President of the United States of America!! At this moment in time, countries around the world celebrated, along with the African-American population of these United States. Why? Because Mr. Obama was also the first African-American man to ever hold the office of President.  This was evidence of how far this country had come; from Slavery to Presidency….right?  I’m sure that is what most thought.

I, on the other hand, was one of those who was skeptical and my skepticism was valid. After four years of utter disrespect, flagrant hate, racial slurs, and racially motivated commentary, President Obama stood his ground and ran for another term.

On November 06, 2012, the country came out again to vote and President Barack H. Obama was elected for another four years.
 
What saddened me about this campaign was the number of people who felt it was their duty to tell me how much my vote did not count. REALLY?  And when I expressed my reasons for voting they would look at me like I was crazy.  

So here are my reasons:
(1) As an American Citizen, I am going to let my voice be heard. 
(2) The laws of this land affect me.
(3) Someone fought and died for me to have the ability to vote.
(4) The Amendment that allows me to vote comes up for review and resigning in 2015. 
(5) Because this election focused a lot on women’s rights.

What angered me was those who have never had struggle or understand what it is to live without, but they are first to condemn someone else for needing help. This campaign showed that people would  sacrifice their souls to promote the ideal of hate.  Because of that hate…I am motivated!

I am female, and I believes that my reproductive organs are mine to make decisions about. I am a minority so I believe that “entitlement” programs like Affirmative Action are necessary. I am Pro-Choice because I will never walk in another’s shoes. I am a Christian so I believe there should be some division and distinction between Church and State. I am Social Worker, so I believe in the need for the Welfare System, with some careful reform. I am a constant student so I believe that education should be affordable and measurable. I work in the Juvenile Justice System, so I believe in a need for a true rehabilitation system.  I work with families in crisis, so I believe in a need for a true Counseling and Substance Abuse model that actual works.  This is what I am focused on!

My mom has always told me that I have the power to impact those around me. She molded my personality to be one who stands out.

So my focuses for the next four years:
(1) Women’s Rights
(2) Counseling Program for Youth in my community 
(3) Get my Substance Abuse Counseling Certification. 
(4) Active in Black Girls Run! and Black Girls Rock!
(5) Create the “Clothes Closet”
(6) Create Christmas All Year Long (Non-Profit)

EVERYONE HAS THE ABILITY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment