Monday, August 25, 2014

I Came, I Messed Up, I Learned! #imdone

I am far from perfect. I have done a lot in my life that I am not proud of. But with age comes wisdom. I have come up short in a lot of areas, even in my friendships. In the end I have learned from the past and have made strides to make up for my wrong, for my missteps, my lies, my faults. And by the grace of God I have emerged a better person. I had a conversation with my brother-in-law yesterday that made so much sense. He said, "We all mess up. Owning your mess and getting up from it is what shows our growth", I will be forty in a couple of years and that conversation allowed for a cathartic and epiphanic moment where this is what I took from it...

I cannot change how anyone feels about me. Especially if I do not know what I did to incite their disdain. If I leave here tomorrow there are people who will care and there are those who will not. No matter what you do for someone they still will find a reason to dislike you. Everyone does not what to see you win. Happiness is not dependent on other people but dependent on how you let other effect you.


So in the end ... I live today for me and if I am blessed to see tomorrow, I’ll live tomorrow for me also. My God will handle the rest. #imdone

No comments:

Post a Comment